Streetsboro Education Foundation
The mission of the Streetsboro Education Foundation is to support Streetsboro City Schools in providing a challenging and enriching educational experience to maximize the learning potential of every student and prepare them to succeed in the 21st century.
We accomplish this by:
· Promoting and enhancing educational excellence by providing independent funding typically not covered by the school budget for worthy educational projects, enrichment programs, and other educational initiatives beyond the standard curriculum
· Foster a culture of excellence in the Streetsboro City Schools by inspiring students and supporting teachers with innovative learning opportunities
· Enrich the public school curriculum with programs and activities to expose students to diverse learning experiences and challenge them to reach well beyond their current abilities
· Offer members of the Streetsboro community a channel to contribute to education and strengthen the future of our town
• All students regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, gender or socio-economic status deserve the best education the community can deliver.
• In the transformational power of education for students at all levels of readiness, ability and achievement.
• In educating the whole child including a focus on physical, social, emotional and intellectual development.
• Education should be challenging, enriching, inspiring and fun.
• That diversity of thought, background and experience enriches teaching and provides learning opportunities for all students as they prepare to become citizens and leaders of the 21st. century.
• Streetsboro city schools are the foundation of our community and should be supported.
• In community involvement, volunteerism and investment in public education.
We are committed to…
• Encouraging and supporting innovative curriculum and teaching methodologies that focus on educational effectiveness.
• Being flexible, adaptable and responsive to changing community needs.
• Funding projects that have the potential for broad (i.e. district-wide, across grade level) and/or long-term impact.
• Working in partnership with the school districts to understand educational priorities that will inform, but not dictate, Streetsboro Education Foundation’s funding decisions.
• Operating ethically, with the utmost professionalism and integrity, and with clarity, transparency and accountability in all that we do within the organization and in the community.
• Continual improvement and organizational renewal through on-going self-assessment, planning, and board development.
• A comprehensive approach to fundraising and responsible stewardship of all donations.